Monday, January 17, 2005

Playoff Recap

I managed to pick 3 of 4 games correctly this weekend, and now I have many a beer to drink because of it!

The toughest game to pick, in hindsight, was the Jets and Steelers game. Big Ben had a terrible game, but still managed to do just enough to earn the victory. I sure wouldn't want to be Doug Brien, the goat of a place kicker for the Jets. After missing the first attempt to give the Jets the lead in the 4th quarter, he was given a second chance, only to badly miss to the left instead of nailing the cross bar. I feel for the guy. They showed him sulking on the bench after the second blown attempt, I'm not sure who it was, but a teammate was shown just glaring at the guy point blank. You can imagine the thoughts running through his head.

This is why I said no when offered a chance to play for my college football team as a kicker. Actually, there were many reasons why it didn't make sense for me, but that's a different story for a different time. I believe there is no real place in football for kickers, plain and simple. You have one job, and that's to kick the ball between the uprights, how hard is it to do? Seriously, I nailed 4 40-yarders in a row just screwing around, all straight down the pipe. It's not that hard! That was only my second time ever kicking a football too. Next thing I knew, a coach wanted me on the team. I told him thanks but no thanks, I don't care for kickers all that much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home