Tuesday, November 08, 2005

YOUNT IN AS BENCH COACH

I don't really know what to think about Robin Yount being hired as the bench coach for Ned Yost. My gut feeling is that this wasn't the best move the team could have made. I feel all coaches are essentially hired in order to be fired. And if you don't think so, ask yourself how you would feel if Yount were to be fired after a couple of years. It wouldn't sit well with me to see a Hall of Famer fired from the only team he ever played for professionally.

I just hope Nedley sure knows what he's doing by adding Yount to the staff. I hope Yount has something to offer the young players, as I don't really see his hiring as anything more than a publicity stunt. I do realize he was a coach in Arizona under Brenly before he was fired and all, but I'm hoping that the move was made to make the team better off as well as bring excitement to the club. I guess only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home