Thursday, March 24, 2005

What's the deal w/me and money??

So, I decided go out out for a night out on the town and get some cheap wings. It was one of those spur of the moment decisions. I went to park in a different parking ramp, this time away from the notorious ramp where minorities try to steal people's wallets.

I left the bar around 1 AM and headed back to my car to go home and crash for a couple hours. I get to the parking ramp and make the turn to start walking up the ramp when I hear some girls screaming. Being relatively not sober, it took me a second or two to realize what was happening. I see the two girls at the top of the first level and realize that someone stole one of their purses. And then here comes this dirty old man sprinting down the exit ramp where I was. I realized what had actually happened almost exactly at the same time that the purse snatcher was right in front of me.

So I let my instincts take over in a gut reaction. I think the bum had intended on just running right by me, giving me a stiff arm just in case I tried doing something. But I don't think he thought that I knew what was going on. So I just reacted and speared/clotheslined the guy with my right arm and shoulder! I must have lunged at him in the perfect spot because I still can't figure out how I stopped his momentum and put him on his back, instead of him just running over me like a truck. I must have stunned him pretty good because I grabbed the purse back like there was nothing to it. He got up and stumbled off. I returned the purse to the very appreciative girl and I was off on my way home.

I really wished I knew what it is with me and parking ramps. This marks the third episode in the last four months. Prior to that, nothing in four years. Whatever...all I know is that my shoulder hurts like a mother f*cker right now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheesehead Craig said...

You mean the appreciative girl didn't at least offer you a rub down? Great job on being the good Samaritan though!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home