Sunday, March 27, 2005

Greatest Day on the Sofa Ever

Noon - 1:30: Golf, The Players Championship (5th major)
1:30 - 4:00: Badgers v. N. Carolina
4:00 - 7:00: Michigan St v. Kentucky
7:00 - 8:00: Poker on FSN
8:00 - 11:00: Brewers ST game v. Rangers on FSN
11:00 - 12:00: last hour of "Major League" on ESPN classics

I honestly didn't know who to root for in the UW/UNC game. It really was bittersweet for me because in the back of my mind, I knew that only one of my two favorite teams would advance, though I eventually came around to root for the Badgers. It was the first time those two teams have ever played each other. I was a freakin' wreck the last 5 minutes of that game...I honestly never would have thought in a million years that UW would have been able to play up to NC's talent level. I'd swear, UNC could probably beat a couple NBA teams this year. They've got a sure-fire lottery pick coming OFF THE BENCH for crying out loud! It just sucks that we'll never see Shariff Chambliss, Wilkinson, Morley, or Hanson play another game together. Every 3-pointer that Hanson made today, all I could think about were my old roommate's so-called stories of just how bad he was in high school, yet he was able to shut down two of the best players in all of college basketball in their last 2 games -- Hodge of NCSU and McCants to a certain extent yesterday.

Hope you got a chance to catch the Crew on TV last night. I actually caught myself being giddy over the fact that I got to watch the game on TV, even though I watch 4 games in person a couple weeks ago! I've never done this before, but I was honestly laughing all by myself during the later innings when they were talking about Tommie Phelps' 1992 Honda Accord. It was just good to see the team on TV again. Seriously, I might have a problem with paying too much attention to them this year!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home